Friday, March 14, 2008

We're open for business

To be honest, I've tried to get a blog up and running a few times in the past five years or so, but my most successful attempt was during college, before blogs were in fashion. The killer of that site was that I didn't even use any software or content management system to post my diaries - I did it the hard core way, by hand coding the thing (or maybe I had Dreamweaver 2 or Frontpage back then).

Anyhoo, I figured it was time to get back in the saddle and do a blog up right. I've had plans to start Stovetop Diplomacy for a few months, but kept pushing it off because I wanted to learn how to design with WordPress first. Well, I'm finding it hard to make the time to learn it, so I just broke down and decided to use blogger until more free time becomes available.

In the meantime, this blog will focus on politics, both national and in New Jersey. But expect a fair amount of posts on cooking, technology, pop culture and the next World Series Champions - your New York Metropolitans.

No comments: